As H&M continues to bring forward and champion young changemakers, we’re amazed by the lessons these kids can teach all of us, making us grownups look small. This summer, we begin telling the first of these kids’ stories by putting the spotlight on them, each embodying the optimism, collaborative spirit and free-thinking of a true role model. For example, you will meet:
• Ryan, 11, founder of Ryan’s Recycling Business, who says, “The future belongs to those who live in it.”
• Catarina, 13, climate activist, surfer and loudmouth, who says, “Kids born in the fire know how to put it out.”
• Jewel, 5, community leader, optimist and provocateur, who says, “Don’t fight each other, fight together.”
• Henrique, 12, different ability champion, who says, “Teach the grownups to dream bigger.”
• Stephen, 9, engineer and community hero, who says, “Kids don’t know what they can’t do.”
While showcasing the impact these kids are making, H&M also wants to help support kids around the world with a donation. 50% of the sales price from a new line of more sustainable t-shirts will be donated to UNICEF*, supporting kids’ causes for a better future. Developed by the H&M Kids design team, the graphic t-shirts are inspired by our new role models, expressing some of their wise thoughts and further amplifying their voices. The t-shirt collection will be available online at hm.com from mid-July.
“The lessons kids are teaching us served as the inspiration behind the t-shirt graphics, but they are also timely reminders of the work we all need to do for a better future. It’s been so uplifting and motivating to learn how kids are driving change around the world, in their local communities and beyond. We’re also very happy that the sales of these role models t-shirts will support the important work by UNICEF around the world,”
says Sofia Löfstedt, Head of Design Kids at H&M.
”We are very grateful for this donation to support and empower children and young people around the world. Every child has equal rights, every child can be a role model. Children are experts on their own lives, brave and dare to dream. It is time to listen to children and make their voices count,“
says Pernilla Baralt, Executive Director at UNICEF Sweden.
Visit the H&M digital platform for inspirational Role Models stories, and more information about the initiative.
*Local variances may occur.